Posts for tag: Tooth Replacement
Do you need to replace some of your teeth? Dental implants, a restoration option offered by your Augusta, GA, dentists, Drs. Alan and Eliza Myers of Myers Family Dental may be the perfect solution for you.
The benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are the ideal tooth restoration choice for several reasons. They may be the best option for you if you're concerned about:
- Total Tooth Replacement: Unlike dental implants, other tooth restoration options only replace the crowns, the parts of the teeth you see when you smile. Implants work as a replacement for both the roots and crowns of missing teeth. Titanium posts, commonly called implants, become the roots of your new teeth. They're placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery in Augusta and soon begin to bond with the surrounding bone. Implants are connected to dental crowns to complete the restoration of your tooth.
- Comfort: Your new tooth will feel just like a natural tooth because it's securely attached to your jawbone. You won't have to worry that your new tooth will slip or slide when you chew and cause painful gum irritation.
- Natural Appearance: Your crowns are created from an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new teeth blend in perfectly with nearby teeth.
- Stronger Jawbone: Your jawbone may begin to shrink if it no longer receives stimulation from tooth roots. Unfortunately, as the bone shrinks, it may not be able to adequately support your teeth or facial muscles. Facial sagging or lost teeth may occur as a result. Dental implants stimulate the bone and prevent shrinking from happening.
- Excellent Biting Power: If you choose a restoration option that doesn't replace missing roots, you may notice that it's hard to chew hard or tough foods. Rooting your implants to your mouth helps you avoid this problem. In fact, you'll be able to easily eat all of your favorite foods after you receive dental implants.
- Longevity: Since dental implants become part of your jawbone, they just may last your entire life. Longevity is an important factor to consider when you compare implants to bridges and dentures. Bridges and dentures may need to be replaced every 10 years, which can be costly.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your dentists in Augusta, GA, Drs. Alan and Eliza Myers of Myers Family Dental, at (706) 738-7742 to make your appointment.