Your Augusta, GA (serving Martinez, GA) Dentist
When you find a good dentist, who you can trust and feel comfortable with, you've found a good thing. Committing to one family dentist can be the one decision that ensures you have a healthy smile for the long haul. Explore the various reasons why you should choose and visit a dentist, as well as the modern treatment options you should consider at your next dental appointment.
Reasons to See a Dentist
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 64 percent of adult Americans see the dentist each year. Here are a few of the most common reasons why:
- Preventative care, which is aimed at preventing dental problems with cleanings, checkups, exams, and X-rays.
- Cosmetic dentistry. Many patients come to the dentist looking for solutions to spruce up their smiles.
- Tooth pain or sensitivity. Patients who experience serious toothaches visit the dentist for root canal treatment or extraction.
- Restorative work. This includes custom denture devices and bridges to replace missing teeth.
- Other dental emergencies, such as tooth damage and sports injuries.
Common Dental Treatments
These are some of the most common treatments a general dentist can perform for you:
- Professional tooth cleaning and polishing
- Scaling and root planing treatments to remove plaque.
- Crown and veneer installation.
- Root canal treatments.
- Periodontal disease therapy.
- Dental implants.
- Dental fillings, inlays and onlays.
Choosing the Right Dentist
The key to choosing the right dentist is to go in for an initial consultation and talk about your dental concerns. Ask what you can expect from certain treatments. You should develop a level of comfort with your dentist so that you won’t hesitate to schedule an appointment when you’re having an issue or need preventative care. Also, be sure to discuss sedation options if you have dental anxieties.
Schedule a Checkup or Consultation Today
It's good to have a trusted dentist in your town who you can call for a checkup or to consult about your concerns. Call Myers Family Dental in Martinez, GA at (706) 738-7742 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Alan Myers.