Posts for tag: dental crowns
How dental crowns from your dentists in Augusta, GA, can remake your smile
For decades, dental crowns have commonly been used to strengthen and repair teeth that have become damaged or infected. Here at Myers Family Dental in Augusta, GA, your dentists, Drs. Alan and Eliza Myers, offer a wide range of restorative, cosmetic, and preventive dental care services to give you an outstanding smile. Read on to learn more!
What dental crowns can do for you
It’s easier than you might think to damage your teeth and your smile—tooth decay, periodontal disease, grinding, clenching, undergoing an injury/accident, or simply experiencing the normal aging process can all work against your smile. Fortunately, dental crowns can bring your smile back!
Consider these important benefits of dental crowns:
- They provide complete protection to damaged tooth structure by covering the entire visible surfaces of your teeth, above the gumline.
- They protect your teeth from severe biting forces by evenly spreading out the stress of chewing, thus preventing your teeth from breaking.
- They look just like natural teeth because the high-grade dental ceramic used in crowns reflects light and closely resembles tooth enamel.
- They resist stains because the high-grade dental ceramic used in crowns is stain-resistant.
Dental crowns come in a few different forms, each with their own unique advantages and specialties. Some of these include:
- Full porcelain is the go-to dental crown material to give you outstanding cosmetic beauty. Porcelain is color-matched to your existing teeth so that your new dental crown will be virtually identical to your natural teeth.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal, also known as a PFM crown, is an excellent choice to provide more strength. PFM crowns are often recommended for back teeth, where you need the increased strength for chewing.
- Full gold is also a popular choice for a strong crown, but it lacks the aesthetic appeal of porcelain, causing them to typically be placed on back teeth.
Need dental work? Give us a call
To learn more about the benefits of dental crowns, talk with the experts. Call your dentists, Drs. Alan and Eliza Myers of Myers Family Dental in Augusta, GA, today by dialing (706) 738-7742.
What your Augusta dentist at Myers Family Dental want you to know.
There are many types of dental restorations available to repair damaged teeth, but if you want a treatment that restores the strength of your teeth, dental crowns are the right choice to make. Dr. Alan Myers and Dr. Eliza Myers at Myers Family Dental in Augusta, Georgia want to introduce you to dental crowns and what they can do for your smile.
Dental crowns work differently than fillings because a dental crown covers the entire visible part of your tooth above the gumline. By covering the entire tooth surface, this helps to evenly distribute biting forces and chewing stress over the entire tooth surface. Dental crowns actually protect and strengthen your teeth like a suit of armor.
Dental crown materials and techniques have advanced dramatically in recent years. Now, in addition to strength, dental crown materials are actually beautiful too. Imagine having a strong dental restoration that also enhances your smile!
At Myers Family Dental, your dentists offer high-grade dental ceramic crowns from brands like e.max and BruxZir solid zirconia. These all-ceramic crowns combine both strength and light-reflecting beauty to give you a completely natural look. Your new all-ceramic crowns will be virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
You owe it to your smile to seek out the strongest dental restoration, dental crowns! If you want to restore the biting strength and the beauty of your smile, find out more about dental crowns. Just pick up the phone and call Drs. Alan and Eliza Myers at Myers Family Dental in Augusta, Georgia today!