Posts for tag: Preventive Care
Do you plan to uphold the quality of your oral health throughout your life? If so, preventive dental care is the answer. This involves regular visits to your dentist, Dr. Alan Myers, or Dr. Eliza Myers, here at Myers Family Dental in Augusta GA, as well as proper oral hygiene habits and practices. Done right and consistently, your risk of developing potential oral health complications would be greatly reduced. Talk to your Augusta dentist to learn more.
What is Your Role in Preventive Dental Care?
Preventive dental care starts with you. Here are a few simple tips you can follow to care for your oral health:
- Brush your teeth properly. Holding your brush at a 45-degree angle, direct the bristles to the area where the teeth and gums meet and brush them in a circular back and forth movement. This should be done twice a day, using fluoridated toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Don’t forget to include your tongue.
- Floss daily. This is just as necessary as brushing your teeth as it cleans places between your teeth that are difficult to reach with a toothbrush.
- Limit sugary and acidic foods. You should avoid sugary and acidic foods as they can damage the enamel of your teeth and cause tooth decay.
- Be careful when eating hard and sticky foods. Foods like certain candies and foods that have bones or seeds could crack or chip your teeth.
- Hydrate with water. Drinking water after a meal can rinse away unwanted food debris and moisten the mouth, therefore, lessening the accumulation of plaque.
- Gargle with mouthwash. Rinsing with mouthwash can effectively eliminate bacteria, strengthen your teeth, and reduce acidity in the mouth, and wash leftover food debris away.
- Don’t use tobacco-containing products. Besides staining your teeth, it could lead to other serious health complications such as many different types of cancers and heart disease.
Preventive Dental Care Treatments from Your Augusta Dentist
Common preventive dentistry services include professional teeth cleaning and routine oral checkups. Your dentist in Augusta GA might recommend more preventive care procedures depending on the exact state of your oral health.
How Can Preventive Dental Care Help You?
Visiting your Augusta dentist for routine check-ups and maintaining the right oral health care routine can provide you with various benefits like the following:
- Reduces your risk of getting tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health complications.
- Saves you time and money. Your dentist can easily detect any oral issues that you may overlook and offer a solution in advance, thus avoiding any further expenses or future treatments.
- Helps decrease dental issues linked to certain chronic medical conditions, like osteoporosis, diabetes, some cancers, and eating disorders—all of which can affect your oral health greatly.
For More Information and Tips on Preventive Dental Care, Contact Us
Dial (706) 738-7742 to schedule an evaluation with your dentist here at Myers Family Dental in Augusta GA, Dr. Alan Myers, and Dr. Eliza Myers.